Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Are we there yet, ode to the downfall of a rapper's career

As i'll try anything once and since i'm still in full-on recovery mode, i decided to pop in Are we there yet? featuring Ice Cube. Piece of shit. Reminiscent of Barbershop 2. Piece of crap. Why are rappers, who in their hay day were on top of the god damn world, have to reduce themselves to this? Motherfucker was riding a horse! A horse! Not since Deliver us from Eva, have we seen this kinda of unabashed degradation. Poor LL Cool J was obviously not spared from this apparent outbreak of rappers who feel the need to appeal to the masses. Another that comes to mind would be Method Man... and although i've nothing against Wu-Tang, eh Method Man's always felt like a tool to me, but whatever. Another that's on the brink of selling out totally is Andre 3000. This pains me people. I had hope for him. I truly thought he would be the Prince of the 21st century. Cocksucker had to be in Be Cool. Piece of flaming dog shit. I believe the first instance of total sell-outism (that i can remember at the moment anyway) would be the soundtrack to judgment Night. Although we were spared any rapper acting in this fucking jem, the soundtrack alone makes sure that this has to be included in this list, or at the very least get honorable crap mention. Fucking Slayer with Ice-T. What the fuck happened there? Seriously. Who the fuck fell asleep in that meeting? Helmet and House of Pain? Jesus. Cypress hill and Pearl Jam? Ok, I like my Cypress hill, and I Love my Pearl Jam, but fuck man! WHY? WHY? It's happenings like these that make me afraid to turn on access Hollywood. Someday, someday very soon, the remake of the Wiz starring Beyonce as Dorothy, 50 cent as the scarecrow, Usher as the Tin Man and Ja Rule as the cowardly lion. Motherfucker... beyonce's gonna be in the Pink Panther movie soon isn't she? I guess you really can't win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el