Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Oh man i'm totally psychic.

Tuesday morning i woke up feeling pretty sick. So i called into work, let them know i wouldn't be in and went to the doctor's office to get myself a note. The wait to see him was gonna be 2 hours, and since i don't live far from there, i drove home and back to bed to do the waiting there. As i was lying there, various thoughts popped into my head, like "that chinese food was really good the other day" "Did i remember to fax that stop payment, that has to be done by the 15th" "I have to find out what time Laticia is leaving for France" And in the middle of all these sporadic thoughts this one popped up "Chubby chaser (who has been my Ex for 2 and a half years now but my friend for like 10) is going to start taking things that are mine, or remind him of me, down. The pictures on the fridge of me,they won't be there very much longer". And that thought made me sad at first, but i had 2 hours to burn so i laid there and thought about how that made me feel.

On one hand, i'm happy for CC. I want him to be happy and i want him to get laid like any good friend would want. So if this is the chick it's gonna happen with, i hope she's nice, i hope she understands his dry ass sense of humor and i hope that she makes him happy.

On the other hand, I guess i was a little sad because change scares me. I know, i know, it's like that for everyone, but CC is my best friend, we talk everyday, sure it's usually bullshit, but we talk and it's nice. He's my buddy, we count on each other and that's always good. He needs money? i'm there. I need money, he's there for me. We're really good friends and i'm afraid that a new woman in the mix is gonna change this drastically. No more chillin on friday nights, no more all nighter's at Lance's place, that shit is gonna end and that's what makes me sad.

So anyway, back to my original thought. So i'm feeling kinda shitty and i'm thinking about all this, but i try to get over myself and go shopping with Gen and Laticia and walked way more then i usually walk. From HMV on ste-Catherine to Shwartz's, which some might not find that far, but fuck you i think it's far enough. So all monday and tuesday i don't call CC, just to kinda get myself adjusted to the times to come. Yesterday i decided to give OS a call, to see if he wanted to watch a movie together, which he did. So i go over there and we put in Leaving Las Vegas which i just picked up for 10$ along with Sid and Nancy, another great buy for 10$. So if i wasn't depressed before, i was then. Don't get me wrong, i love that movie, i thinks it's very well made and acted, it just makes me sad. We finish the movie and OS takes off for his parents place.

I'm sitting there on CC's futon, smoking a joint, listening to Cat Steven's <em>the wind and i turn my head to the right and there it is. Or rather there it isn't. The pictures of me on the fridge are gone. I AM PSYCHIC PEOPLE!!! I swear to god on this i'm not fucking around. So then i start thinking "ok....he met her like a week ago, maybe two...and she's been here.... and he hasn't told me about it....is that what kind of friendship we're gonna have, and if so that sucks ass". The song ends and CC comes in (i could not have timed it better had i been making a movie)and we exchange pleasantries "how are you, what's new" all that jazz and he doesn't tell me. So now i'm thinking fuck this, i spent 10 years of my life with this guy and now he's not gonna bother telling what's really going on in his life So i say "Dude, you'll never guess, i'm fucking psychic" " what?" "yeah man i'm telling you i'm psychic, the other day i had a feeling that you'd take down the pictures of me on the fridge and low and behold i am psychic" He then went on to tell me about what had been going on, i told him if he didn't want to tell me that that was fine, but that i'd still like to be in his life and talk about stuff like this. And everything is cool now, seems i was worried for nothing. Things are going to change, but he made it clear that i'm still his friend and he's still mine. Besides, this girl doesn't know who Floyd is, doesn't know Slayer or Maiden or anything else that CC likes, i'm gonna have to help this girl if she's gonna want to stick around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el