Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Monday, October 03, 2005

That's right Bitches, i'm back.

So Annie's been out of commission for the last two weeks or so due to the fact that i hurt my back a couple of weeks ago and i have a doctor who either loves me or felt sorry for me, so he gave me 2 weeks off and lot's of pills. Groovy. I must say that it does feel good being back at work, i have a sense of purpose now, not a very strong one mind you, but purpose none the less.

Lot's of stuff happened in the last couple weeks, most of which i can't really remember but i'm pretty sure most of it did happen. One thing i do remember was going to the airport with Genny B to pick up a friend of hers who was flying in from France.

The Airport is a wild and crazy place. I noticed a few things while waiting and here they are :

1. The arrivals gate at the airport should be re-named "the who loves you parade". They have this roped off ilse that's right in the middle of all the people holding signs, people waiting with flowers, people waiting with dogs, people waiting is what i'm getting at here. When the wait-er finally spots the wait-ee, arms go flying, squeals of joy can be heard and dogs are let of their leashes to room freely in the airport. It's wonderful, you can actually see the joy radiating from these people. But then of course, there's always one or two poor schmucks on the plane who aren't going to be picked up at the airport. The look of shame/disappointment on these people is something you rarely see.

2. The price of food in airports is INSANE! Do they know how much food costs in the rest of the country? Do they not understand that people on lay-overs are going to think that this is the norm in Canada. 3.50$ for a 500ml of Chocolate milk. insanity.

3. Unfortunately my general fear level has been affected by stupid american propaganda. It used to be that whatever was different in the world would intrigue me, draw me in to get a better look. My trip to the airport made me realize just how much the american news channels and all that crap really has affected me. As i was standing with Genny waiting, i turned and saw a man, his wife and their son. The woman was in full Muslim dress, i'm talking head to toe, veil over the face, the whole thing, in black. So basically wherever she went my eyes automatically followed because you just couldn't miss her. It's not something i'm used to seeing, i mean it wasn't that i was honestly scared of them but it did make me think Terrorists?, not something that i'm proud of at all, stupid americans and their fear levels.

4. i saw a woman in a full length dalmation fur coat AND DALMATION FUR PANTS. PANTS. that's right i said PANTS. Then she turned around and i could see that to top it all off, i suppose to add a touch of class, a Van Halen world tour tshirt, i shit you not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el