Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sin City is a masterpiece. It's the first time that i've watched a movie and genuinely wanted to read the comic afterwards. That's never happened before. I didn't watch Hulk and think "holy Jesus i've gotta read some of that", neither did Daredevil or Spiderman quite honestly. Ok ok i'm not putting Spiderman in the same category as Daredevil or Hulk, but my point is that I was uninspired to pick up those comics. For some reason, the only thing i can sort of compare it too... and i'm talking over-all "comic feel" to the movie, would be Dick Tracy. Lot's of people will now say "what the hell are you talking about Annie, took some crazy pills today?" Crazy as a loon i say!! But seriously, Dick Tracy wasn't a bad movie for it's time, even compared to today's "if it ain't CGI it ain't nothing" attitude. It truly is unlike anything i've ever seen. I don't like Bruce Willis, but he was awesome in this, same goes for Elijah Woods and that Gilmore Girl chick (chocolate Wonder is a big fan of the girls and will probably have a comment or two for me, and to him i say : "shut up Gilmore Girl lover") But mad props (god i'm so white) goes to Clive Owen, awesome does not cover it. Even Brittany Murphy was good for once in her life. I'm so impressed with this movie it has earned itself a spot on the top 5 comic book movie list :

1 . Superman: the movie / Superman II
You cannot fuck with Zod, and also Brando, enough said

2. Batman Begins
Origin story that was good enough to give me amnesia to forget the other 4 craptacular movies, everything is forgotten, even
the batnipples...fuck i guess that one stayed with me.

3. SIN CITY

4. Spiderman 1 & 2
Bruce Campbell cameos.

5. DareDevil Director's cut
At first i'd put FF, but then i figured, yeah the director's cut is worthy of the list, not the theatrical version, but the director's cut, yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el