Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I watched Man on fire the other day for the first time. It was good, nothing extra-special, but good. What got me thinking was when the little girl gives Denzel the charm for the Patron Saint of Lost causes. I thought that was kinda weird that there would be a Patron Saint dedicated to lost causes and wondered what other weird things Catholics have assigned Saints too.

Amalburga is the Patron Saint of Arm Pain.
Magnus of Fussen is the Patron Saint against caterpillars.
Barbara is the Patron Saint of warehouses and is also against death by artillery.
Drogo (my favorite) is the Patron Saint of dumb and unattractive people.
Zita is the Patron Saint of lost keys.
Bartholomew the Apostle is the Patron Saint to all Twitchers.
Expeditus is the Patron Saint against procrastination
Columbanus is the Patron Saint for bikers.
Anne is Canada's Patron Saint.
Eugene de Mazenod is Patron Saint to dysfunctional families.

Crazy Catholics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el