Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Farewell Lanky and Unprepared

I was asked to give OS a lift to the bus station yesterday. Had to be downtown for 9pm for him to catch the greyhound headed towards our country's great plains. I got to Chubby Chaser's place early so that we could have our last meal together. I don't know if CC's plan was to sabotage OS's trip, but soft shell taco's before a 3 day bus ride probably wasn't our best idea.

We'd decided it would be best to get going around 7h15ish, since we had to pick up OS's new Calgary roomy before going downtown. We step outside and it seems God may have been against us. Torrential rains and thunderous lightning as we stepped outside. Get down to the car, OS forgot his groceries for the trip. Back upstairs. Halfway down again, forgot to pack the tarot cards. Back upstairs. Finally off to pick up Lanky. Why Lanky? Cuz that motherfucker is all limbs. A couple streets away from the apartment building OS realizes that he doesn't have the paper with the address. So he gets out of the car and starts to yell for Lanky. "LANKY!! LANKY!!" No response. Checked 1,2,3 buildings, nothing. Get back in the car, soaking wet and head back to CC's place to get the address. Halfway back OS remembers the phone number and gives Lanky a call, who says "i buzzed you up and you didn't come up??" Back to Lanky's. Unprepared starts to freak out "I'm gonna be sick. I've got an hour to get to my bus and i'm driving across country in an hour and I can't find this guy".

Now i'm double parked and CC and I watch as apparently Lanky's entire family has come outside to bid him farewell. We were told he'd have 2 bags, of course there were 4, but that's the trouble with Tribbles isn't it? Stick the bags in my trunk. Busted speaker. Everybody crams in the car and suddenly a 4 year old screams "DADDY! you have our house keys!" Lanky gets back out of the car, then back in. And we were off.

Got on the highway, took the wrong exit and ended up going around the technopark. I've lived in Montreal my entire life.

Finally we arrived at the bus station and they took everything inside. I had a minute alone with OS to say my goodbyes. He kissed my forehead and told me everything was cool, to smoke a joint for him.

In retrospect, i think maybe i should have laid one on him. You know, a little goodbye tongue or some shit. Just a little something something to remember me by. I don't know. It was the first time i've ever had to say goodbye without really knowing if i'd see that person again. At the time all i could manage was a hug.

I didn't cry. I wanted to, but that would have made me such a chick. I waited until my drive home. I'm not saying i balled my eyes out, but i cried a little, afterall i'm gonna miss that buttmunch. No one else will roll around on the floor with me.

4 Comments:

Blogger the M and the G said...

i'll roll around the floor with you if u want!

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

you will? awesome :) I was starting to worry i'd have to be doing it solo :)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger the M and the G said...

solo sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

i know, but admit the thought of me rolling aimlessly on the floor is a little funny.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el