Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Monday, July 10, 2006

i'm back baby!! (warning Superman Returns spoilers!!)

Holy shit is coming back to work hard. Fuck me. But, i suppose it had to be done.

So what's new with Annie? Not much of anything really. Moved into my new place, brought my cat home over the weekend, gave him a reverse Mo-hawk (for those wondering, i tried to give him a bath, which only made the fur-clumping problem worst, which gave me no other choice but to cut most of the clumps off... which has given him a pretty bad look. And by bad i don't mean bad ass, but truely crappy.

I've seen Superman only 3 times so far, but i'm sure that number will go up as soon as i'm all settled in. But let me say this : This movie has renewed my faith in the comic book gendre of movie. Everything is going to be ok now, because we know that there is one director out there who fucking GETS IT RIGHT. Bryan Singer is a comic book movie god. Honestly, i've never been as excited to see a movie in my life. At the premiere, my hands were clasped to together in pseudo-prayer the entire lenght of the film. I loved everything about it. Loved Brandon Routh, Loved Kevin Spacey, Loved that kid who plays Jason, hell even Cyclops was ok! Favorite scenes :

1) Opening Title sequence.
Goose bumps the entire time. I truely felt like i was back in the '80s, but in a good way. I'm 27 years old, so this was my first Superman movie in theaters, Singer made me feel like that didn't matter, like i was there for the sequel and that's just as good.

2) Jason figures out Clark is Superman.
Oh man. I can't even explain how much i loved that scene. It's classic, poor kid figures it out and takes a drag from his inhaller.

3)Clark and Lois in the crowded elevator.
Ok, before actually having seen the movie that was the big question for me. Sure he looks good in the tights, but can he be a dork? Can he pull off Clark? I got my answer in that scene.

4)"After all flying is statisticaly the safest way to travel"
When he says this after saving the plane Lois was on, the crowded in the theater could not be contained. I thought "ok, that's it, this is a fucking classic"

5)Lex figures out who Jason's father is.
Greatest criminal mastermind of our time? HELL YES.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6)Superman's speech to Jason.
I saw it 3 times and cried like a baby all 3 times. I'm sure the fans will be divided over this. But my opinion? You know what? Superman deserves to have a family. I've always thought that they should have gone that way in the beginning, why else would they have gotten it on?? But Margot Kidder lost her mind, and i suppose Lois took a back seat to Nuclear bombs and villains in need of a manicure. Superman has been around for the better part of a century, he's had girlfriends, a fiancé, a wife, and god damn it, he deserves, hell, we deserve to see him have something to hold onto, something that's his. Jason is the door that needed to be opened. Thank you Bryan Singer, for having the balls to do what should have been done years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el