Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Monday, July 17, 2006

The simple joys of living on your own.

I don't think that it's fully dawned on me that this is it, i'm on my own and this is my place.... i guess because i don't have a shower curtain yet... something about being able to shower in your own place makes it your own. But i did get an idea at how it's going to feel like once i really get all settled in, i got my glimpse last friday.

I was chillin' at the comic book store with Joey (owner), Trevor, Marc and Tony Kill (Tony buys lot's of horror comics (friday the 13th...) that's why we call him Tony Kill). We were playing a new game i had picked up, Zombies!!!. Around 7h30ish, Trevor decided to head over to Chubby Chasers. That right there is freedom that i haven't had in the last 4 years. Not having to worry about how everyone is getting home is... well...the best feeling ever. So he left but i stayed the extra 30 minutes until closing... at which time i was able to ask and offer something that i've haven't been able to do in years, and it felt so good i could have cried in the car. "What are you guys up to? I don't live far, you guys wanna come back to my place?" And they did and it was great. I mean nothing special, we just played Zombies and watched family guy, but goddamn it we were in my house, my place. It was awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el