Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

13 men? bring it on.

My dad retired on tuesday. He worked a half a day and then went to play pool at the Scratch with his buddies. I told him i'd pass by to say hi and give a happy retirement hug. I got there around 5ish and realized that i'd missed most of the party and that everyone was well...pretty "jolly" already. Christ even my Uncle Ernest was there and man was he shitfaced. But my dad seemed really happy to see me (since i haven't seen him in about a month). So i gave the happy retirement hug and was ready to leave him with his buddies to have fun, when he told me i should come to eat with them "dad, you're with your friends, i don't want to intrude, just stay and have fun" but he insisted and so i went, with him and 13 of his work buddies.

It was good. Granted it was a little weird, but good. Most of my friends are guys, so i'm used to having get togethers where it's me and just the boys, but they're...well they're my boys, these were my dad's boys and it was odd let's just say that. Lot's of "hey Cabrone!" and hi fives and calling each other retarded for some reason. Not exactly what i had expected. They drank about 5 bottles of red wine while at the restaurant so everyone was feeling good. My uncle, however, was feeling better then good, as i've stated above, he was shitfaced. Chugging the wine and everything. So at one point, after he'd demolished 4 bread sticks and a veritable pyramid of butter, and after having telling me "i let it all hang loose on the weekend" "dude it's tuesday" i looked at him and said "so, you wanna take a walk with me" thinking i should really bring him in the back to smoke because he's drunk and getting loud, perhaps this will make him chill the fuck out. And my dad looks at him and says "yeah, take a walk with Annie would you" knowing full well what i was up to. He then turns to 3 other guys and says "you guys wanna go with my Daughter?" and my uncle and 3 of my dad's friends went behind the restaurant to smoke some hash.

It's here that i got to hear some stories about freebasing coke with questionable characters and mercedes filled with hash. Old stoners always feel the need to impress upon you the grandeur of their addiction. "I've been smoking for 27 years!" yeah well i am 27, so yes i know you've been smoking longer then me. Little do they know that it's just sad to hear that shit. But i did get to hear my dad's friend Joe talk about a time when he and my dad and another old friend (tommy) went to la Ronde and got fucked up on the monorail...not my dad of course, but everyone else... apparently my dad's never taken part in the shit, that's a good thing cuz i've noticed that those who start the shit in our family (the smoking of the dope i mean) we have a tendency to not stop.

But all in all, i had a really good time, and so did my dad. Although i could have lived without having to convince my uncle that, no i wasn't going to do mush with him on a tuesday, but yes, i would sell him the gram i was keeping for a special occasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el