Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Andrew McCarthy: dreamboat of the '80s.

Last night was retro night in the house of Annie. Got things started by watching Mannequin. Oh yes. Kim Cattrall in all her pre-Volcan, pre-sex and the city glory. And of course Andrew. Andrew Andrew Andrew. God he was hot back in the day. And in all the '80s or John Hughes related flicks. Then we watched Good morning Vietnam, side note : holy cow it's amazing that Robin Williams was ever that young. Then i moved on to Pretty in Pink. And you know what? That movie is still good. Ok Ok the dress at the end makes me ashamed to be a woman, i mean who in their right mind designed that and said "oh yes, we've done it Molly Rinwald is gonna look like a humoungus pink marshmellow peep but who cares!!", but even with the crappy dress, hey you've got Andrew Dice Clay as a bouncer, it evens out. Isn't weird how alot of actors who where everywhere in the '80s aren't really around anymore. Andrew McCarthy was such a hottie back then it's ridiculous... but a bad kisser...maybe it's just when kissing Molly Ringwald, but it did not look good, but he's hot anyway. Recently the only thing i can think of that he's been in is Kingdom Hospital, in which he still pretty much looks like Blane (pretty in pink). Molly Ringwald...recently in Not another teen movie, and let's face it, we can't all grow old gracefully. Kim Cattrall however has grown old very very well. You'd never know that there's 20 years between Sex and the city and Mannequin, it's pretty impressive really.

Tonight i think i'm gonna go for the Kevin Smith movies.... or perhaps a Ben Affleck extravaganza!!



i need a man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el