Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

SCREAM FOR ME MONTREAL!

3 Maiden Tickets : 165$
Maiden baseball cap : 35$
Maiden Murse (man-purse) : 45$
Maiden Hoodie : 70$
2 Beers at the Bell center : 18.50$
Watching Chubby Chasser jump up and down and stare at dudes all night ("it's for the t-shirts!!!") : priceless.

Although we were all pretty dissappointed that the first hour and 20 minutes was the new album only, the evening was pretty good. They played Fear of the Dark, 2 minutes to midnight, Iron Maiden ( giant tank sprang up behind Nikko during this one), The Evil that men do (Giant Eddie walked around on stage for this one) and only 2 or 3 other oldies, it was over at 10h30 sharp. The show itself was ok, lot's of energie comin' from Bruce Bruce and his voice was great to boot. Yannick did his little "throw my guitar in the air" shtick right before the end and that enjoyable. The crowd was great, a mish mash of old and young, fathers with their kids, young lovers barely able to restrain theyselves, Ah! Maiden! If not for the lovers then for who i ask? Seriously though, i was watching the couple (chick with long black hair and dude with "barf" tshirt and '80s leather arm band) right below us for most of the evening, i couldn't help myself. It was hypnotizing. It's always weird for me to see people so comfortable with their sexuality that even thousands of people won't stop them from getting their groove on. She was ruining her fingers threw his hair, rubbing his back, kissing, getting under his t-shirt, it was quite a show. But you know what, they were havin' fun, so good for them. I was, however, concerned that her head was going to smack right into the plexi-glass window they were standing in front of, you know, because of all the head-banging.

On the way out, Matt had to go to the bathroom, again, but what else is new. So we get to the stairs leading to the bathrooms, where CC and I decided to wait for him, and I turn to my right and see it right away. "Holy shit!" Right beside us is one of those beer station/cart type things. Apparently after an event or once they stop selling the beer, they remove the tap and screw the nozzle closed. Well, this one wasn't screwed tight enough. So i'm standing there and tell CC "dude! stick your head under there! If I drank beer i'd be ALL over this!!!" " no... they might kick us out." "What the fuck? the concert just ended man, WE ARE LEAVING, let them kick us out! I dare you to do this." "you do it then" "fine, pussy." So i stuck my head under the tap, drank as much as i could and brought my head back up when i heard some random guy scream "MAIDEN YEAAAAHHHH" when i looked up he was looking at me and givin' me the "rock on" hand gesture. I laughed and yelled back "fuckin' right" and at that about 10 other guys saw what i was doing and freaked out, Annie's not selfish, the free beer was for everyone, so i gave my spot. And they drank and drank and yelled "MAIDEN!!!!!" until the security guard came over and threw them out. lol, oh well, kids can't handle their booze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el