Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Verbal warning? I'll give you something to verbally warn me about.

So it would appear that they let me keep my job only to threaten to take it away from me next august 10th. I have 3 months to prove myself worthy of my employers. See we (customer service representatives)have certain objectives we must reach in order to keep "the man" off our asses. I have to sell 4 lines for every 1000 calls i get, I have to sell 1.75$ worth of features per call, I cannot talk for a customer for more then 460 seconds per call, and so on, and on and on. There's about 6 of these to be met. You avid readers know that they forced me into this department a few months ago and now they tell me that my statistics are not up to par. I asked if i could change departments and was told no. And so it would appear that Annie will have the end of the summer off after all. I guess i should be more worried, but you know what, a job is a job is a job. I'm not defined by the work i do because if that were true then i'd be the biggest asshole in the fucking world. THE WORLD I TELL YOU. So i'm not panicking, by the end of July i will be debt free, no more car payments, no more credit card payments, and so they wanna give me the summer off to look for a job, fine. I know what i want to do in life, and it does not include sitting in this chair for the rest of my life. I know my mom will be disappointed if i do leave this place, I know that jobs with pension plans are few and far between. But what's a pension if you waste your life waiting for it to arrive. My father's like that, his pension is in a few months and it's as though life has just begun at 55... that's not acceptable for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el