Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Monday, August 14, 2006

No one's going to believe this.

Last friday morning i woke up with a little bit of a sore throat. As i brushed my teeth, the thought occured to me that i should probably milk this a little and get my team manager to give a little off-line time. Everyday i stop by Chubby Chaser's window to wake him up and say good morning. For some reason that day CC was up already and was standing right next to the window. Needless to say i almost crapped my pants.

I walk down the steps, look across the street. No car. Walk to the corner, look up and down the street. No car. THEY STOLE MY SHIT BOX!!!! Can you believe this?!?!?!?! I know i couldn't. Everyone on my street knows me now. I lost my fucking mind on that street. I started hyperventalating, yelling from the street " DUDE THEY STOLE MY CAR FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!" until CC came downstairs to confirm, that yes, my car was in fact gone.

Called the cops and let me just say this about that. In times of crisis, i'm not talking life or death of course, but in times of personal "they just stole my shit" crisis, no one wants to sob uncontollably in front of a gorgeous cop. It's like adding insult to injury really. Your shit's all gone but here's a beautiful man to watch the snot drip from your nose. Enjoy! It was horrible.

Today i found out that the pricks who took my car ended up in Salaberry de Valleyfield and attempted to use my bank card there. I called the cops back, you know to be able to pass along the information, and the cop didn't even want to take down my info. He was all "if this were a murder it would be one thing, but for this... stolen car...we won't be looking for it really."

In all of this only one thing puts a smile on my face and it's the knowledge of this that does it for me:

I've always had a problem with waiting until the last possible minute to put gas in the car. I'll wait until it's past empty to go and gas up. Also i have an oil problem, which means that i have to add oil often. The only comfort i've been able to give myself is that those assholes broke into my car, started it up and realized that they'd just jacked what was perhaps the worst choice on the street. No gas no oil. I hope the 5 minute joy ride was good.
So now i'm playing the insurance waiting game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el