Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Most of my friends are guys. I have two friends that are girls and that's about it, everyone else of the female persuation are pretty much acquaintances. Up until this weekend i've always felt like the perfect spy. No, wait. Not that i'm spying on my guy friends, that's not what i mean. What i meant to say is that the fact that I have ovaries has, for the last 10 years or so, been largely overlooked. I drink, smoke and swear with the best of them. (Also, it has been established that i can punch pretty well. We had ourselves a little arm punching cipher.) But this weekend, the jig finally came up.

"So Annie, you're a girl.... and an Ex-girlfriend... so what does it mean
when your Ex yada yada yada..."

I had no answers for them. It's like all the estrogen in my body suddenly evaporated and left me high and dry. All i could do was ask stupid questions that made me feel like i was at work and their cell phones were defective, ie: how often does this happen? how did the last call end? was there much static? and so on. Which was all completely useless probing since i'm pretty sure every woman has different reasons for doing anything. I know i have anyway.

Since it became rather clear that i'm useless when it comes to matters of even my own sexe, someone finally said "fuck this shit, let's play some texas holdem." I kicked some ass and won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el