Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Peter : California's Master Haberdasher.

On the way to Genny's place, yesterday after work, she asked me "what do you call a person that makes hats in english?" And for some reason the word "haberdashery" popped into my head, i don't really know why because at the time i had no idea what "haberdashery" meant, but it sounded right for some reason. We called a few people looking for the answer, but no one really knew what the other word for hat maker was. I got fed up and looked it up on the internet. A haberdashery is a place where men's clothing is sold. That still didn't really help. At 7h30pm on a wednesday, everything's closed here in Montreal. So i looked up hat manufacturers in Vancouver, cuz i figure Vancouver's still open. I came across Baron California Hats, and thought, well California's open. This was my conversation.

Customer Service: Baron California Hats how may i help you?

Annie: Baron hat's?

CS: yes?

A: I have a question about hats.

CS: you have a question about hats?

A: yes i do.

CS: ok... hold on a second.

(puts me on hold and seems to pick up again in a more quiet environment, as to give me his full attention no doubt)

CS: So you have a hat question?

A: Well, yeah, my friend and I were wondering if there's another term for "hat maker"?

CS: Yep, that's called a Haberdasher.

A: Hell yes i knew i was right! Dude i'm calling from Montreal to find this out! Everything's closed here in Montreal!

Cs: um...

A: That's in Canada.

Cs: wow... what time is it in Canada?

A: well... it's 7h30 in Montreal... what time is it in California?

Cs: it's about... 4h30.

A: Almost quitting time huh?

Cs: you got it.

A: What's your name?

Cs: Peter.

A: Well Peter, thank you very much for answering my question, you were very helpful.

P: No problem, by the way, a woman hat maker is called a Milliner.

A: Sweet! Thanks! You have yourself a great evening in California!

P: No problem, you too!



I bet you that guy's never gotten a call like that before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el