Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I can make it! I can make it! ah shit, no i can't.

I'm driving down St-Patrick yesterday, on my way to Chubby Chaser's place, I'm on empty and I know i've got to stop and get gas like pronto. So i'm thinking Ok i'll just turn up dollard or something like that, when I hear on the radio (mix 96) that they're giving away tickets to the Superman Returns premiere (june26th). So i start calling. Call once, busy. Call twice, busy. Three times, and it's ringing. So by now i've completely forgotten that the gas situation is critical. Marc Bergman finally picks up, only to tell me he has his winner for the day, but i should try again tomorrow. About a minute and a half later, the car runs out of gas at the corner of St-Patrick and Leger. So i call my roadside assistance service that i have on my cell phone, and they inform me that i've already redeemed my 5 services, another will be available in July, no fucking luck. So i start pushing. Yep, pushed for a good 4 blocks. 1 car slowed down and asked if i was ok. About 5 minutes after the first car, the K9 car that drives around LaSalle, stopped. This man was on a mission. "Get in, put it in neutral, we're gonna push it onto this little hill here. HERE WE GO!" And we did. He then offered to give me a lift, which i declined. I'm sorry, but nice man or no, i'm not getting into a car with a stranger who's got two huge german shepherds with him. Not gonna happen. So he gets out of his car and let's his dogs out and he's not watching me but i figure ok, gotta figure something out before this guy offers me a lift again. So i start walking....called Chubby Chaser, not home yet. Called my dad, at work. So i figure i have a Government check on me, all i have to do is get to the caisse populaire, cash it and get gas. I call a cab. Once at the ATM i tell the cabie to wait and I run in. The ATM informs me that i've reached my transit, which means if i deposit anything it will be held for 5 business days, meanwhile the cabie is still waiting for me, and the clock is ticking. Fuck Fucking Fuck. Shit. So i get back in the cab, and CC calls, i explain the situation and he suggest i give the check to the cabie. THIS AIN'T ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING MOTHERFUCKER! I replied. So he tells me to go over to his parents place and they'd help me out, which they did. Picked up some gas and drove me back to my car, which was still on the little hill. Goddamn it i can't wait to move to town and not have to worry about the shit mobile anymore. But mark my words, those Superman tickets will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el