Locked in the trunk of my car, again.

A blog about life, love and the smell that used to come from the trunk of my car, before it was stolen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Qc., Canada

28, single, comic book geek, that's me in a nut shell.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Last night my dad called me around 11h15, which is kinda weird because i was sitting in the basement all evening. Which means he waited to leave for work (night shift) to be able to call me when the step-mom wouldn't be around. My dad does stuff like this from time to time, but yesterday was different, it's like it sunk in yesterday that i'm moving. At first i thought he'd called to remind me to pay june's rent, and when i said "i haven't forgotten about the rent..." he kinda cut me off and said "no no i wasn't calling about that... i just haven't seen you in a while" That kinda made me feel sad. He's gonna be all alone with those two women with no one left for him to vent too. We talked for about 20 minutes, which for my dad is quite a lot. About the xmen movie, about my move, and about the fact that yesterday he signed the papers for his retirement in august. He sounded fairly happy, but i still asked if this at all felt weird to him. And you know what i wasn't surprised to hear that he is a little weirded out by all this. Who wouldn't be after 30+ years in one place. That shit just doesn't happen anymore. I told him he'd better come visit me since he's gonna have all this time on his hands and he sounded happy when i asked that.

Jesus man, only another 25 years to go for until my retirement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter 'You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more, I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son.' -- Jor-el